To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Secret Key - can't find? - I have a new cell and computer

SLM
SLM
Community Member

I purchased 1Password in Dec. 2019. Since then, I have acquired a new laptop. I wiped clean my old laptop and sold it. Therefore my new computer has no 'memory of downloads for a secret key'. My emails have the original 1Password emails, those emails make reference of a secret key and "emergency kit' but there are not attachments. I don't see anything that downloaded. I KNOW MY MASTER PASSWORD for my account, but can't get into the web version nor my phone app (now that I have a new phone). My old phone was not backing upto the cloud with my work software on it, so not I have a new personal phone without work software. However neither my Phone nor my Computer now have any 'history' of the Secret Key.

Is it possible for me to report the devices as lost and have a new Secret Key regenerated? Again, I know my master password but am unable to sign in on the 1Password page without entering the secret key in addition to my master password. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021

Hi @SLM!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you are already discussing this via email. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and let you continue the conversation over there :+1:

Thank you for your patience!

ref: HFI-54655-174

This discussion has been closed.