How do I disable the “archive folder” functionality?

KG4ZOW
KG4ZOW
Community Member

I can understand if some people need the safety net of an “archive folder”, but I don’t. When I delete something, it needs to be DELETED. I shouldn’t have to remember to hunt it down later and “really” delete it.

I’m hoping there’s already a setting somewhere to bypass this “archive folder” functionality, and just plain delete items. If not, consider this a feature request.

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 14.7.1
Referrer: forum-search:disable archive folder

Comments

• KG4ZOW
    KG4ZOW
    Community Member

Also, I just found that the apps have apparently been “archiving” items for some time, without telling me. There also needs to be a way to “delete all items” from the archive folder. PLEASE don’t tell me I’m going to have to manually delete 170+ items by hand, one at a time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KG4ZOW:

I’m hoping there’s already a setting somewhere to bypass this “archive folder” functionality, and just plain delete items.

Of course, you can choose the Delete option instead of the Archive option:

Also, I just found that the apps have apparently been “archiving” items for some time, without telling me.

The Archive is the name of what used to be the Trash. So those are items that you moved to the Trash until now :+1:

• KG4ZOW
    KG4ZOW
    Community Member

Okay, so how do I quickly delete all 170+ items? (On iOS I mean ... turns out on macOS I can click one, CMD-A, and delete them all in one go.)

(Apologies for the duplicate comment above, apparently iOS Safari in "private mode" doesn't show "comments" on some sites. I had to use the laptop to read and reply to this.)

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member

Also annoying, when I move an item from one vault to another it also gets “archived”.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KG4ZOW:

Okay, so how do I quickly delete all 170+ items? (On iOS I mean ... turns out on macOS I can click one, CMD-A, and delete them all in one go.)

Doing this on macOS is indeed the fastest way: I am not aware of a way to do this on iOS unfortunately.

(Apologies for the duplicate comment above, apparently iOS Safari in "private mode" doesn't show "comments" on some sites. I had to use the laptop to read and reply to this.)

No worries, I have removed the duplicate for you :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Furzul:

Also annoying, when I move an item from one vault to another it also gets “archived”.

That's correct, this has always been the case (although in the past the items were moved to the Trash, since the Archive did not exist back then). I will let the team know that you don't like this behavior :+1:

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member

Thank you. I can see the point in doing this when deleting an entry, as a safety net, but not when moving from one vault to another.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @Furzul, thank you for the feedback :+1:

This discussion has been closed.