Can't add an additional account for the Safari browser extension

Options

In the macOS app, I've got 2 accounts added. However, in the Safari browser extension, it's only recognizing one of those.

When I go to browser preferences for the extension and click the "Sign in to another account" link, it prompts me to pick either the computer or the mobile app that I'm already signed in to, but no matter which I pick, it then prompts me to open the 1Password app...and then I can't do anything else. It never adds the additional account or gives me any other option to add it.

Basically stuck in an infinite "sign in" loop.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: macOS 12.0 Beta 4 (21A5294g)

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hey @Shpigford 👋

Thanks for getting this on our radar! I'm curious if you're able to enter your credentials for the second account manually in your last screenshot. You should have a 1Password account item stored in that account, and it sounds like you're already signed into the 1Password for Mac app. All that to say, I'm hoping it's as simple as copy/paste so you don't have to go digging for that info. However, if you get an error saying that your account is already signed in (which very well could happen, as it is signed into the desktop app after all), then we'll want to investigate the possibility of there being multiple copies of 1Password on your computer.

Let me know how it goes!

• Shpigford
    Shpigford
    Community Member
    Options

@Kaitlyn Can I email support about it? I'm happy to send a video of what's happening, but it'd be a pain to try to blur out certain things to post it here publicly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Shpigford:

Certainly! You can send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com if you wish :)

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Shpigford
    Shpigford
    Community Member
    Options

I found the issue! The short of it is that I wasn't logged in to the second vault like I thought I was. Seems in 1Password 8, you now have to log in to each vault separately instead of having a master password to just get access to both at the same time.

• Hey there @Shpigford, thanks for sharing your findings! You mentioned that you're needing to sign into each vault separately - to confirm, are these vaults in separate accounts? Currently, if you have multiple accounts in the app with different account passwords, you'll need to unlock each account separately - is that what you're encountering here?

This discussion has been closed.