1P8 Searching a regression

Options

Unless I am missing something, 1Password 8 is a major step backwards for how we interact with the software. We currently have separate vaults for each of our clients and keep relevant passwords and information in those vaults. It used to be we could click on a vault, then when we searched it was done only within that vault. Now it seems the search is global and shows me everything across all vaults, making 1Password unusable at the moment.

I did see someone mention you can create a collection to get around this, but I view that as an unnecessary step. I know we use 1Password probably differently than most, but it would be nice if there was a way to at least enable the old way of searching.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11

Comments

• ShakataGaNai
    ShakataGaNai
    Community Member
    Options

500% this. I just posted a separate thread about this but it's...held in moderation or something. I have dozens of vaults in multiple 1password accounts. If I click on one of those vaults and search, I expect it to return results only relevant to that vault. Anything else is a bug in my book.

Please bring back the old filter system, that worked well.

• Dom_1P
    Dom_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @jtaylor2d and @ShakataGaNai !

Thanks for giving the EA a try, and thank you for the feedback! We are actively working on bringing this feature back to search!

It's good to know that we have people that relied on this and it makes it all the more important to bring it back. We should have an update that can scope search to the active vault soon.

• jtaylor2d
    jtaylor2d
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for listening. Unfortunately I had to uninstall 1PW 8 due to the global search and the Safari plugin not working. I'll give it another shot once some of these issues have been resolved.

• Hey there @jtaylor2d, no problem! Feel free to keep an eye on our Releases page to keep up-to-date with improvements and fixes as the app development progresses. :smile:

the Safari plugin not working

To confirm, did you try out the 1Password for Safari plugin? This plugin integrates well with the the early access. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.