1PW8: vault selection and Safari plugin issue

Options
krusnof
krusnof
Community Member

Hey, a few things I've noticed in the usage of 1PW8 this morning:

• It seems like I cannot select which vaults to sync like in 1PW7—so now it shows all logins which is not preferred
  • When installing the Safari browser extension, it's not possible to unlock it by clicking the icon it just keeps going to the browser install page

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: 12.0 (21A5294g)

Comments

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

Also, it's not easy to see new password since they don't exist in the sidebar anymore.
    I just updated the password for this support forum and it's not in 1PW, not in the login, or in the password section

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options
    • I also cannot pull up the window in browser with standard command cmd+. It opens 1PW7, and if I uninstall it, it doesn't trigger anything.
    • If I use option key to show password or CC details like in 1PW7, nothing happens.
  • Hello @krusnof! 👋

Thank you for participating in the early access for 1Password 8. :)

1Password 7 allows you to specify which vaults can be seen in All Vaults but it can't prevent the vaults from syncing to the app. In 1Password 8 we have a better way to allow you choose which vaults you see called Collections. Collections allow you to specify which vaults and items you see so that you can exclude the vaults you don't need during your regular day. You can read more about Collections in our founder Dave's blog article: 1Password 8 for Mac is now in Early Access! 🎉

If you have already installed 1Password for Safari from the App Store then please go to your Applications folder and double-click on the extension there. Follow the instructions to Always allow on every website. Then right-click on the 1Password icon in Safari, click on Settings, and toggle Integrate with 1Password app off and then on. Restart Safari and then try to use the extension again. Let me know if that helps.

Can you clarify a little more about what you mean by not seeing new passwords in the sidebar anymore? You can always see recently edited login items by clicking on the Categories drop down menu, selecting Logins, and then selecting to filter by Date Modified:

You can access 1Password 8's Quick Access by using the Shift Command Spacebar keyboard shortcut.

I agree that the ability to use the Option key to quickly reveal a password in 1Password 7 was very useful. I've passed along your feedback that you'd like to see this in 1Password 8 to our developers.

ref: dev/core/core/#7709

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, thanks for sharing that—even though there's little to no info in that blog post on it. Kind of expected someone to have prepared documentation for early access still. However, still feedback here:

• It's not possible to customize collection icons...
    • There's no easy switch option between them
    • It doesn't seem like Quick Access or Safari Inline helper is reflecting the collection selection—so what use does it actually have?
    • When I just restored a login by dragging it from Archive to a Vault (and I get a confirmation notice at the bottom that's moved), it can't find it in Quick Access—it simply doesn't show up. And yes, it's still in Archive—so it didn't work

To your other responses:

• The password is not there... It's missing. I created it via Safari inline helper—nothing. No login is updated and it's not in the Password category. Bug then.
    • YOU CHANGED THE SHORTCUT FOR 1PW? WHAT?!?!? Why in the world are you doing that when you've spent years and years incorporating a shortcut that runs 200% on muscle memory.
    • Yes, an essential feature to see the e.g. security code for credit cards etc. Huge oversight in UX.

I think AgileBits really messed up with this one. This looks like that path of Arq 6 which lead to a complete withdraw and then new 7 release. While this is an Early Access version—it's FAR from good enough to put out there as early access. This should be labeled alpha at best, no beta, EA, or anything else.

• This is good stuff, @krusnof. Thank you so much for the feedback!

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

I'm disappointed that none of this is caught honestly—that means no one is doing proper UX research and feedback, and/or testing it before EA.

• @krusnof as you said earlier, it is an alpha. Some features are missing and others need to be improved. I am sorry for making you sad 🤗

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sad, disappointed in the engineering and QA team considering the financial foundation and current app you had.

• Blake
    Options

@krusnof

Building the best 1Password we've ever built takes time, and moreso, feedback like what you've already provided. Admittedly, we're not perfect; no-one is -- but we're seriously committed to taking into account the things you've mentioned, relaying them back to our team, seeing where we can do better, and improving things.

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've found so far, please let us know if there's anything else you notice. We're all ears. 🙂

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

I can have a longer conversation around why I don't fully trust that statement based on what stage the product is in and have been using internally at AgileBits since 2020 with so many missing features/bugs/flaws.
    Again, HUGE issue, collections are worthless in their current state. Not possible to update icons, so they look silly. Quick Access don't respect any collection selected, so what's the actual point? There's no easy/quick switch between collections. It's super not intuitive to create a collection unless you know that option exists—but again it has no function in actual UX/experience, so why even bother using it?

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

New bug, when using multiple spaces Quick Access switches space when using the shortcut. Even when 1PW main app is not open.

This discussion has been closed.