VoiceOVer: Accessibility of 1Password 8 beta and initial impressions

Options

Hello,

My initial impressions of the beta was what in the world have they done! The UI is so drastically different it took some time to get orientated. I haven't decided if I love it, but it is different and it is growing on me.
I have found that overall the UI is pretty accessible (it's a web view), but some of the controls do not behave as expected Normally Control-option-space will activate controls; however, most controls require control-option-shift-space, which is a simulated mouse click. I will get a list of controls, but this message was to ask if there is a specific way you would like feedback provided for issues related to VoiceOVer.

Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.5

Comments

• Scott_05
    Scott_05
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, so I understand that 1Password 8 is built on Electron, which explains some of the accessibility issues with controls that do not always behave as expected; I have tried Obsidian and ran into similar issues.

• Hi @Scott_05, thanks for taking the time to share this here. Making 1Password 8 accessible is something we are very very interested in, and so we appreciate your feedback here.

this message was to ask if there is a specific way you would like feedback provided for issues related to VoiceOver.

If you'd like to share your thoughts here, you're more than welcome! We'll pass suggestions, feature requests, and any bugs you find on to our developers. If you come across something that seems like it might also have security implications, or would require discussing personal account details to explain properly, you can contact us at support@1Password.com and we'll make sure to follow up with you.

Thanks again. We look forward to chatting with you!

This discussion has been closed.