Security Prompts

Options

When using Edge, the security prompts for windows hello or pin are popping up behind the browser. Before I figured it out I must have had 10 windows open and hidden. Should pop up on top of all.

Also, I use Windows Hello mostly (not the pin). Everytime it opens it prompts for the windows pin instead of remembering to use my face.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mberman, thanks for raising this issue. We've been hearing from folks that there have been issues with Windows Hello focus.

Out of curiosity, are you running Edge as an administrator?

• mberman
    mberman
    Community Member
    Options

No. I elevate am application to administrator only as needed. My windows account is an admin account on my local machine.

• alex_suzuki
    alex_suzuki
    Community Member
    Options

Unrelated to 1Password, but potentially useful: I'm an application developer and I'm facing the same problem with one of my applications. All calls to KeyCredentialManager that are gated by the security popup (e.g. RequestCreateAsync, OpenAsync) work but the popup appears behind the application. My app is not a UWP-app, but a Java app that uses JNA and WinRT/C++ to access the Windows Hello API. If a solution is found, I would very much be interested in it, as I feel we are facing the same issue.

• PeterG_1P
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @mberman and @alex_suzuki, thanks for your input here. The description of the issue (and specifically the potentially identical issue you're seeing, alex) are really helpful.

My apologies for the delay in response, as well - I have passed this on to our developers. We want to make the app work intuitively for you, and with the minimal number of clicks. 🖱

• alex_suzuki
    alex_suzuki
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P happy to help. I also filed a Github issue with Microsoft for the C++/WinRT component which my application uses to access Windows Hello from a Java process: https://github.com/microsoft/cppwinrt/issues/999
    Maybe it'll help.

• Sounds good, thanks @alex_suzuki! :smile:

• alex_suzuki
    alex_suzuki
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P @Dayton_ag in my case i was attempting to use they KeyCredentialManager API from a non-UWP application, which apparently isn't supported but does not fail in a predictable way. The simpler UserConsentVerifier::requestVerificationAsync() Windows Hello check does not have this problem.

This discussion has been closed.