To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Not able to login to 1P, I have Emergency Kit but lost 2FA

Options
sud_bits
sud_bits
Community Member

Hello, can someone please help me here.
Problem: I changed device and no access to my old device where 1P was working and had a 2FA as well with in the browser add on, I never added that in my cellphone ( may be a bad move, I should have done that).

Now, I installed 1P in new device and trying to login and I tried two ways.

1. From browser: it allows me to login but then asks for 2FA code which I do not have.

2. From the desktop app and I used option "From my emergency kit" from the drop down, it takes everything when I gave the location of my kit from hard drive and when I enter the password it says " You sign in address, email address, secret key or master password is in correct but I checked 10 times, and it is correct and the same information works in step 1 but since I do not have 2FA, I'm completely blocked.

What can I do, any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Sud

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• sud_bits
    sud_bits
    Community Member
    Options

I figured it out, please close this,. I upgraded the version for problem 2 and for 2FA code luckily had the registered bar code key which i used in the auth app which i downloaded in my cell phone,., phewww,.,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @sud_bits! I am glad that you managed to get things sorted out already :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.