Future of the iOS App and 1Password7

Options
Hanterdro
Hanterdro
Community Member

Hey,

first of all I think it's unfair to say that people prefer the subscription over buying a license. You did everything to hide the license.
However, I think you will not revert this decision, after you want to push subscription.

I also think Electron is a very bad idea (and I'm a Web Developer). One of the good things in 1Password is that's a native app.
But okay, you made your decision and I made mine:
1Password 7 was my last 1Password. Not sure where I'll move to, but I plan to use 1Password 7 as long it's possible.

Therefore my question, how long will the iOS/iPadOS App support my iCloud hosted 1Passwort 7 vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hanterdro!

First of all, thank you for your feedback. When it comes to iCloud support in 1Password, please see this other forum discussion: we talked about Dropbox there, but I think everything also applies to iCloud too :+1:

• claus
    claus
    Community Member
    Options

@Hanterdro : Both topics (subscription only now, and standalone licence was very well hidden) and sync via their own servers is/were discussed here many times as many users are very unhappy with this discussions. Sadly AgileBits stays on this road leading v8 to a wrong direction, just check older posts in this "Early Access" group. Mostly very, very bad feedback!
    Like you, many users will stuck to v7 and have to - sooner or later - or switch to an other password manager.

This discussion has been closed.