Trouble with the Firefox extension in Mountain Lion

So 1password app works just fine under mountain lion, however after i install the browser extension for firefox, i try and use it, i enter my master password for 1password and then there it would usually show me a list of all identites of user names/passwords i have established for websites. It is empty there... In the actual app it does show my logins though, 394 of them to be exact. So for some reason i can not use the firefox extension.. I can confirm it does work in Safari, so its a firefox exclusive problem... thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Dogbolter! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Let's try completely removing and reinstalling the Firefox extension. Other browsers handle the removal of the SQLite file automatically, but you will need to do this manually for Firefox:

1. In Firefox, select Tools > Add-ons from the menu bar.
    2. Click the Remove button to remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Quit Firefox.
    4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
    5. Copy and paste the following path and press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

6. Move the [font=courier new,courier,monospace]OnePassword.sqlite[/font] file you see there to the desktop.

Then reinstall the 1Password extension in Firefox:

https://agilebits.co.../mac/index.html

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the `OnePassword.sqlite` file on the desktop to the trash.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to follow the instructions here:

http://support.agile...lebits-help-you

Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.

Thanks!
  • Dogbolter
    Dogbolter
    Community Member
    edited July 2012
    Hey this method worked like a charm, thanks for the help!!!! Any explanation as to why this happened?? Thanks again for your time and support!!! cheers (beer)(beer)(beer)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    There are a number of possibilities, but one common cause is changing the master password. The sandboxed extension database needs to authenticate with the data file and cannot do so if the master password is changed.
This discussion has been closed.