Quick access (on Windows)

Options

I think I get the idea what Quick Access can be used for - never got the hang what mini is for with v7.

Is it for non-web logins? Where browser plugin autofill doesn't work?

I found this workflow: Got a http authentication prompt by my browser - a modal window not autofilled by the browser plugin. I press ctrl-shift-space for quick access and search for a login item. I press enter to get the full entry. I drag the username to the form, then drag the password to the form, then submit the form. Dragging multiple items is possible in a natural way, because 1Password shows the entry in a "always on top" window that doesn't vanish into the background on focus change.

Exactly the same way works with dragging ssh credentials into a putty ssh session.

Looks good.

A thing I see as improvement would be a functionality for more automating. Isn't it possible to send username+tab+password+enter (GUI form) or username+enter+password+enter (ssh input prompt) as single operation?

And get an awareness what to search as default without me requiring to search at all? Similar to the Android app where the appid is saved along in a login entry, so there is a relation between the login entry and an app. If used for a Windows app login, save the name of the *.exe and/or the name of the window class to the login entry and search entries matching this *.exe+class as soon as I press ctrl-shift-space to activate quick access.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Tertius3 !

Is it for non-web logins? Where browser plugin autofill doesn't work?

Yes. That's what I used 1PW7 Mini for. The same I do with Quick Access now in 1PW8. ;)

This discussion has been closed.