Extension no longer unlocking in browser with Desktop App Unlocked

Options

Hello,

My browser extension no longer unlocks automatically when my desktop application is already unlocked. It had been working with no issues, but stopped in the last day or so. Wasn't sure what may have changed. I'm running Windows 10 Pro and using Brave. I removed and re-installed the extension with no change. I have gotten spoiled with it working the last few months and miss it now that it has stopped. :'( Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro - 21H1

Comments

• wbwhaley
    wbwhaley
    Community Member
    Options

Quick update... I tried it on my iMac and the extension unlocks fine there still with 1Password unlocked. Seems to be just isolated to my Windows machine. Brave version on Windows machine is 1.28.105 (64 Bit).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wbwhaley!

Do you have the integration with the desktop app enabled in the settings?

• wbwhaley
    wbwhaley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

I do have the slider selected ON for integration with the desktop app. I tried toggling it off and then back on as well, but still get the same result. It was after that, that I decided to completely remove the extension and re-install. No luck yet. I'll try a browser other than Brave to see if I still get the same results.

• wbwhaley
    wbwhaley
    Community Member
    Options

Update: It appears to be working in Edge. I noticed in your screen capture above though, that you had "Save new items in" and I did not in the Brave extension. Looked at the Edge extension, and that option was there, so I was thinking I had the wrong extension. Edge does have the Beta extension, while Brave did not. I removed the Brave extension, installed the Beta extension, but still get the same results. What's weird though is that while the extension manager shows 1 Password Beta as being installed/enabled, I still do not see the "Save new items in" field making me wonder if I somehow have something weird going on with the extension or even the wrong one there. I'll tinker some more today and then this evening will go the route of a complete uninstall of Brave and reinstall everything. Was hoping to not have to go that route, but if it gets my functionality back, I'll do it. 8-)

• wbwhaley
    wbwhaley
    Community Member
    Options

Another Update: Couldn't wait till this evening to do the additional checks. During the testing, I realized that the "Save new items in" option doesn't appear till the extension is signed in/unlocked. Sorry for any confusion that may have added in my previous update. I completely removed Brave (verified no orphaned files/folders) and then re-installed. Added the 1Password Beta Extension and it still behaves the same way. As I mentioned earlier though, it only appears to be impacting Brave as it works in Chromium based Edge. It does work in Brave on my iMac still. I guess the only thing I haven't' done anything with is the Windows desktop application. I will wait to hear back before I go down that route of tinkering though. ;-)

Thank you for your help.

• @wbwhaley

It definitely sounds like something is not right with 1Password in Brave. I'd like to ask you to grab a diagnostics report from your PC and send it to us at support+x@1password.com. Be sure to link this discussion. A member from our Extensions team will have a look and let you know what we find.

• wbwhaley
    wbwhaley
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_chantelle! I just emailed the diagnostics report and referenced this thread. Thanks again!

• Thanks @wbwhaley! I found it - let's continue our conversation via email.

ref: TRH-74259-384

This discussion has been closed.