Type to find item when filling credit cards

Options

Hi there,

maybe I'm missing something but is there no way to search for an item when trying to fill credit card details on a website? I happen to have a few credit and debit cards and typing the name to find it rather than scrolling the list would be really convenient.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Manaburner!

If you click on the 1Password browser extension button in the browser (instead of looking at the list in the inline menu), you can use the search field there to filter your credit cards ;)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana
    maybe I'm doing it wrong, but when I want to fill credit card data on a site and I open the extension menu, it performs the search globally and not limited to the type of data that should be filled in, which is credit card info.
    The inline menu already suggests the correct items, but typing does not filter/search anything.
    Plus, it kind of defeats the purpose having to reach for the browser extension when you have this handy little inline menu. :)

• Hey @Manaburner. If you see credit card suggestions in the inline menu, typing in the field should be narrowing down the results. Here are a few examples of this in action:

https://bucket.agilebits.com/michaelc/CleanShot-2021-05-28-at-02.53.35-2x.png

https://bucket.agilebits.com/michaelc/CleanShot-2021-05-28-at-02.54.46-2x.png

Are you seeing something similar on your end? You can test this here, just to reduce the variables between our setups. :smile:

https://fill.dev/form/credit-card-simple

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_michaelc
    that's interesting. On the site you mentioned, I can type and the results are shown as expected. So it's related to the site where I tried it.
    The are using Stripe to manage billing settings https://billing.stripe.com/
    Thank you for the examples and for clarifying :)

• You're very welcome! If you have an example site we can access, we can look into this further.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately not, sorry. Stripe does not seem to have a demo/test site and I don't have one myself

• If you do see this anywhere else, let us know. :smile:

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Will do :smile:

• :+1: :smile:

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_michaelc
    I've found another occurrence of this problem. When I signed up for a new account on https://www.linode.com/ , I typed the name of the CC I wanted to use, but it did not arrow down the results as expected.
    I cannot give you a direct link to that site because the payment card form is only displayed during signup, which I already did.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Manaburner ,
    Thanks for bringing up this website.

I've taken a look at the credit card form in the registration and it seems the only fields available there are the CC number, expiration date and CVV, so there's no obvious place to type in the credit card's name or cardholder's name. However, I did find that you can type in the card's name in the CVV field and it will narrow down the suggestions!

Alternatively, if you type the first 2-3 digits of the credit card's number you're looking for, it will also narrow down the suggestions, but I definitely understand if you do not remember your credit cards numbers by heart (neither do I :) ).

Here are some screenshots I picked up for you:

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron
    thanks for the screenshots. I tried typing the first few digits of my card, but it did not narrow down anything. Also typing in the CVV field did not narrow down the results.

I clicked into the Credit Card Number field and tried finding the card I wanted by entering its title. I thought, that's how the feature is supposed to work.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Manaburner ,

As for narrowing down, you can only type in the card's title or name in fields where you can type in text. The credit card number's field expects digits only so that wouldn't work. If the form had a field called "Cardholder's name" then you could have used that field to type the card's name and narrow it down. That is why I used the CVV field in my screenshots to type in the name because that's the only field that accepted plain text and not digits only.

The screenshot you show here looks like a different credit card form than the one I encountered when signing up. In your screenshot, it seems that 1Password does not recognize this is a credit card form at all, so it doesn't even suggest credit cards in the first place. Is that the case?
    If 1Password does not suggest anything there, then it definitely doesn't recognize this is a credit card form.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron
    this is the form you see when you want to update an existing credit card. I can't tell you if this is an actualy credit card form or not. At least the fields are asking for CC data.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Manaburner Can you please reach that form again where you edit the card, then right click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Help" -> "Collect Page Details"? That should download a file to your computer.

Send us that file to support+x@1password.com with a short description of the issue and a link to this discussion here so we can connect the dots.
    Thank you.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron Email sent just now

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! We will look into it as soon as we get to your email in the queue :)

This discussion has been closed.