How can I sync my data between my MacOs laptop and my Android phone using WLAN server ?

os112
os112
Community Member

I can’t sync the data from my Mac to my android phone using the WLAN server. The steps you indicate (here https://support.1password.com/cs/wlan-server/ and here https://support.1password.com/cs/wlan-server-troubleshooting/) don’t seem to work.
First, as explained, I followed the steps for the Mac, and it works, then for the android part, when opening the welcome page on 1password on Android, there is no WLAN server section but Wi-Fi server. Although my wi-fi is on, it seems that the phone does not recognize the WLAN server. I then tried to create a computer-to-computer network from the Mac and then connect my phone to that local network (as explained in your tutorial). I can create this local network but my phone doesn't see it... Maybe there is a problem with Android and it can't connect to a local network ? Or maybe there is something wrong with computer-to-computer network in MacOs 11.4.
In addition, I precise that I have the last version of Android installed on my phone.

In advance, thank you very much for your help

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOs 11.4

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021

Hi @os112!

when opening the welcome page on 1password on Android, there is no WLAN server section but Wi-Fi server.

Can you please post a screenshot of the "Wi-Fi" server section?

• os112
    os112
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply, I can't take a screenshot because it says that the page contains personal informations but I can take a photo. . It is written in french because I am french.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@os112:

Thank you! What happens if you tap on the Serveur Wi-Fi option exactly? Do you see your computer name show up in the list?

• os112
    os112
    Community Member

If I tap on the Serveur Wi-Fi, a small window appears in which it is written that I should activate the Wi-Fi on the phone. But the problem is that the Wi-Fi is already activated.
    See the photo attached.

• os112
    os112
    Community Member

And my computer is not written in the list of the different networks available

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@os112:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Android device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• BadDog
    BadDog
    Community Member

I have the same issue with MacBook Pro M1 and Google Pixel 4A. The Server (Mac) is not visible. With iPhone the Sync is possible. So the Server seems to be fine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@BadDog:

We can take a look at your configuration too. Have you also sent us a diagnostics report already?

• BadDog
    BadDog
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

Hi, thats not possible, because i can not see the Settings > Advanced > “Email diagnostics” Menu. I see the same, like in the screenshot from os112 above.

I tried the 1Passwort Server in a new user. Same behavior. I reinstalled the app on android. Same. Setup up a empty phone with 1 password. Same, no server found. iPhone finds the wireless server. Android 11, with the latest patches are installed.

Maybe its the same issue like years before (https://1password.community/discussion/84098/wlan-sync-not-working)?

• BadDog
    BadDog
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

Update: I tested some things:

Mac: Used Old Version 7.7 and 7.6... no change. iPhone is able to Sync. Android is not able to find Server.
    Android: Used older Versions down to the latest version of the 6 release. Same behavior. No Server found. Tried latest Beta Version 3. Same.

Have it ever worked?

• BadDog
    BadDog
    Community Member

No Response?

• Hi folks,

I do apologize, but as stated in our WLAN troubleshooting guide, there isn't anything we can offer in terms of technical support here.

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

We’re unable to troubleshoot issues with the WLAN server beyond the scope of this article

If you're unable to get syncing via WLAN working with those instructions we'd be happy to help you in migrating to a 1Password membership, which will automatically keep all of your devices in sync. Membership is going to be the way to use 1Password going forward — the WLAN server will not be a component of future versions.

Ben

• BadDog
    BadDog
    Community Member

Ok bye bye 1Password. Its not working because you dont want it to. To sell your Memberships. I change to another manager now, as the paid product (with wlan server) is not working longer as expected. Thanks for nothing!

• @BadDog We're very sorry to see you go but appreciate the time you've taken to try 1Password. If you ever change your mind, we'd be happy to help you start over :)

This discussion has been closed.