To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating data: meaning of "In the file browser"

SandyMacduff
SandyMacduff
Community Member

I'm trying to migrate my 1Password v6 vault, using a USB drive, from an old Mac to a new one. Reading the "Move your data with a USB flash drive" instructions on the website, step 3 is "Select the vault you want to migrate, then choose Folder from the drop-down menu on the right." I've done that. However, I'm stuck on step 4: "In the file browser, navigate to the USB flash drive, then click Open."

The problem is, I don't understand "In the file browser" and I haven't been able to navigate. Can you help me, please?
Sandy

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SandyMacduff!

This is a screenshot of the file browser:

It will appear once you choose the Folder option, so you can select the location of the data you are migrating.

• gvdh
    gvdh
    Community Member

And how to copy from 1password 7 to the 1password online app (browser)?

• Hey @gvdh

I would be glad to help with the migration of your data. For your privacy and security, I would like to continue this conversation via email. Please be on the lookout for an email from 1Password Support within the next 30 minutes! :)

• gvdh
    gvdh
    Community Member

Hi Joshua,
    Great, please do.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, we will continue via email @gvdh :+1:

• gvdh
    gvdh
    Community Member

I'm confused now; who will be helping me via email? joshua_1p or Ag_na?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gvdh:

Joshua will reach out to you via email :+1:

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

Saw this post and thought I would ask: If you are migrating data from Dropbox, is it all automatic, or do you have to select the Dropbox location in a file browser? If so, would I select the file or the top-level directory?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ajahn:

You select the .agilekeychain file within the 1Password app > File > Import menu :+1:

This discussion has been closed.