I can't unlock my 1Password with Touch ID in the browser

Options

I don't know what changed, but it keeps asking me to input the shortcut instead of asking for my touch ID. How do I change it back? It's really inconvenient having to re-type my password instead of using Touch ID.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macOS 11.3.1

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dagumak 👋

Before we dive too deep, would you mind giving your computer a quick restart? I'm curious if the connection between 1Password in the browser and the 1Password desktop app simply got interrupted. If that doesn't do the trick, could you right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then select Settings? Do you see a setting for "Integrate with 1Password app"? Is is enabled?

Let me know, I'm here to help!

• tin0men
    tin0men
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. "Integrate with 1Password app" is enabled. 1Password app is open and unlocked. Restarted, rebooted, reinstalled. Happening on 2 of my macs with Brave.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tin0men:

What version of the 1Password app and of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

• tin0men
    tin0men
    Community Member
    Options

extension v2.0.5
    1Password 7 Version 7.8.7 (70807003)

• tin0men
    tin0men
    Community Member
    Options

It was working a month ago but stopped sometime along the way

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tin0men:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• tin0men
    tin0men
    Community Member
    Options

ticket #FDI-42956-723

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tin0men:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system, and I see that my colleague Nhat has already replied to your email :+1: I will let you continue the conversation over there.

ref: FDI-42956-723

This discussion has been closed.