Citibank Affiliates Problem

kcrossley
kcrossley
Community Member

For the past few months, I've been having trouble logging into Citibank affiliate websites, such as Best Buy and Shell. I'm finding that although I've entered the website URL in 1Password correctly, the app is adding additional characters to the end of the URL, which is causing the login to fail. Here is the Shell URL: https://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/RSnextgen/svc/launch/index.action?siteId=PLOC_SHELL#signon

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Kelly

1Password Version: 7.8.7 (70807004)
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021

Hi @kcrossley!

My colleague Blake wrote about why this happens here. I will let our developers know that this website does not handle this well so they can look at it :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#8723

• kcrossley
    kcrossley
    Community Member

Thanks, @ag_ana.

Yeah, it's a real pain in the butt. Every time I need to access those websites, I literally have to open up 1Password, go into edit mode, and cut and paste the URL. For some reason, this doesn't happen with the main Citibank account—only its affiliates.

Kelly

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kcrossley:

For websites where this is happening, I recommend using the browser extension to fill, rather than doing it from the desktop app. Basically, visit the website in the browser, and fill using the extension at that point, so no additional characters will be appended.

If our developers find a way to add a workaround to this in the future, you will be able to keep using the Open and Fill feature from the app for this website too :+1:

• kcrossley
    kcrossley
    Community Member

Wow! That worked perfectly. I didn't even know that was an option. Thanks!

• On behalf of Ana, I'm happy that her instructions helped. :)

This discussion has been closed.