300troop
Community Member

Any feedback on 1PW8?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @300troop

Welcome to the community. There are several folks around using the early access. Feel free to pop into a few discussions if you like.

• 300troop
    300troop
    Community Member
    Options

The new look is great. The tool bar extension is slow to open. I would say mine take approx 2 seconds. The 1PW7 one opened instantly!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@300troop:

Thank you for the kind words!

The tool bar extension is slow to open. I would say mine take approx 2 seconds.

Is this happening to you when 1Password is locked or already unlocked? Have you been able to spot any difference?

• @300troop:

This must be 1Password for Safari. Are you using Safari 14? There are a few issues that make the popover to be slow. They are fixed in Safari 15 and also in Safari Technology Preview.

• 300troop
    300troop
    Community Member
    Options

Hi -
    Unlocked take about 2 seconds
    Locked - I instantly get the main enter password screen (shows 4 faces) and a few seconds later (behind the main screen with the faces) a open 1password screen linked to the 1PW mini icon in the tool bar.

When I enter my main password the mini opens up in about 1 sec.

• 300troop
    300troop
    Community Member
    Options

I also using Safari 14.1.2. When do we get safari 15?

• Ben
    Options

@300troop

Safari 15 is available in the macOS Monterey beta, or as a separate beta download for folks with Apple Developer accounts. The improvements Roustem mentioned are also available in Safari Technology Preview, which I don't believe requires a developer account:

https://developer.apple.com/safari/technology-preview/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• @300troop It is hard to say when Safari 14 will be replaced or updated. I am really sorry about the performance problems. One workaround is to use the new inline menu that is available right on the page. It is faster:

• 300troop
    300troop
    Community Member
    Options

1PW8 stopped working yesterday so Ive gone back to 1PW7. Problems:

Mini - When clicked the password detail on the right was blank!
    Main app - Clicking a login would get me to the log in page and the symbol was in the log in box but 1PW would not load the data.
    Accessibility - The 1PW7 horizontal lines, between each login, does help to differentiate the logins.
    1PW8 - Will this work on older mac OSs. Can customer stay with 1PW7?

I'm using Safari 14 with big sur 11.5.2

• tiltowaitt
    tiltowaitt
    Community Member
    Options

Per other responses, users will be able to stay on 1PW 7. How long this will be an option is unclear—though I think some people are still using 1PW 6, so it might be a good while. (Someone please correct if I’m wrong.)

This discussion has been closed.