1Password with Selenium

This is probably a pretty out-there topic, but anyways...I'm trying to script 1Password with Selenium (http://seleniumhq.org/) and it's working pretty well, but I'm running into problems with the 1Password Helper. I'm using the Firefox Selenium driver and 1Password extension, but the 1P extension within Firefox seems unable to talk to the 1P agent process. It works fine in a regular Firefox instance, just not within the Selenium Firefox instance, and all the normal fixes (restarting 1P helper, etc) haven't helped.

The other odd thing is that the 1P helper is reported as connected on the troubleshooting reported. I've attached both the troubleshooting report from within my regular Firefox instance (in which everything works) and from within the Selenium instance (in which I get the "Problem with 1Password Helper" icon). They're pretty close to identical.

Any suggestions to get this working? I can't find any evidence of any kind of sandbox within Selenium itself that would prevent the extension from talking to the 1P helper process.

Comments

• Zortrium
    Zortrium
    Community Member
    I've tried this with the Selenium driver for Chrome as well (using the Chrome 1P extension), so it doesn't look like it's a browser extension issue. Most likely it's some issue in the way that the background process communicates with the browser that doesn't work in Selenium, but I can't find any evidence of a sandbox/proxy/whatnot that might be causing problems.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Sorry for the delayed reply, Zortrium. I have to say that I can't make heads or tails of the Selenium site. I went to download it, but I couldn't figure out what "it" was. Do I need to download the IDE? Server? Something else? Is it a browser? Extension?

Could you give me the steps to reproduce the problem?
  • Zortrium
    Zortrium
    Community Member
    Hi khad -- I will PM you details and a test case.
This discussion has been closed.