Blank extension popup in Safari

Hi,

I am using 1Password 3.8.20 and just upgraded to Mountain Lion/Safari 6. Unfortunately, the Safari Extension is no longer functioning properly. It does not react to the short cut key, and when I click directly on the icon, only a white window pops up, no content (the window itself seems to have the proper shape and size). When I went to the main application and restarted the Helper, the 1Password button in Safari showed a red numeral "1" for a short while.

Update coming soon? Any other trouble shooting hints?

Tilo

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2012
    Hi Tilo,

1Password has been working great in Mountain Lion since long before it was released. I'd love to get it working well on your machine too. :)

The trouble with the 1Password extension can be caused by several unsupported Safari add-ons. Because of the unsupported nature in which they interact with applications, these add-ons can interfere greatly with the proper behavior of the 1Password browser extensions.

Examples of extensions we've seen that cause issues are "SafariSniffer" and "Wondershare AllMyTube/Free YouTube Downloader". It is likely other unsupported extensions would result in similar problems.

You can see if you have any of these installed by looking in these folders:

~/Library/ScriptingAdditions (in your Home folder)
    /Library/ScriptingAdditions (in the root of your hard disk)

The most popular one is SIMBL, but there are others as well. Try moving anything you find in these folders somewhere else, for example, to your Desktop.

Once the files are moved, please restart Safari and I suspect you will be greeted with a much more enjoyable 1Password experience.

Please let me know how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.