Please, AgileBits, use the hand-break - now!

Options
claus
claus
Community Member

Last days I spend a lot of time here in this "Early Access" forum to read the comprehensible and good feedback from so many users. And of course the answers by the 1Password team. I tried to learn about the reason why 1Password got this huge changes compared to v7.

In the end it frustrated me too much to see the "ignorance" by the 1Password team. I am sorry for this harsh wording. But almost every critics beyond (? I mean "which is more than just") "bug fixing" or some smaller "cosmetic aspects" is ignored or is answered with the same "arguments".

It is like spinning round, moving in a circle.

Of course I can not expect from AgileBits to 1. stop working on v8, then 2. analysing the constructive feedback from many users - and 3. restarting with a different v8. In a better direction. I think they got enough arguments against the (actual) version v8. AgileBits invested many months of working/developing (and much more money) to make v8 to this what it is today.

It is my hope, and not just mine. 1Password deserved something different than this what see now with v8. Use the hand-break - now! And restart designing 1Password.

But I know that this hope won't become true. I am surprised that this change affects me personally so much. Maybe because I am a user for many years, since v2, using it daily, many times.

For me it is the end of using of 1Password - I will move forward (and not backwards with 1Password) to find a new home for my passwords, "private" notes and some other "secrets" (but, right now, trying not to think about importing and reorganising all items at their home/s).

Takk fyrir!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Realistically we have at least eighteen months before 1PW7 can't be used, which means at least six months before having to decide whether or not to renew a subscription.

I say eighteen months because 1PW7 will run on Monterey, and I would not recommend anyone using the following version of Mac OS until a few months after its initial release. And it's even possible that 1PW7 will run on that later version.

Hopefully, AgileBits will decide on a better interface for v8 on modern versions of MacOS during that time.

It may well be time to investigate other password managers, but I think it is way too soon to actually move.

• claus
    claus
    Community Member
    Options

@danco : Of course, no reason to switch now. I will use v7 as long as it works, or the subscription ends - and as long as I have found no alternative.
    Maybe I will also give v8 another try - I will see. But if it stays like this what we see now - then not.

• claus
    claus
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, it seems to me that this post does not appear in the list posts of "Early Access" in chronological order?

• KirkMcPike
    KirkMcPike
    Community Member
    Options

The way threads are sorted on this forum is weird. Routinely items with new posts don't move to the top of the list.

• claus
    claus
    Community Member
    Options

@KirkMcPike : Maybe it is possible to sort the threads "manually" - to keep the critical/uninteresting/negative/... somewhere hidden on page 2, 3 ...
    Maybe they want on page 1 mostly post about smaller bugs and no critics in general about the v8.
    If so, another reason to leave 1Password.

• KirkMcPike
    KirkMcPike
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think they are trying to suppress criticism. It seems that whatever software they are using sorts threads up to the top for like 12 hours or a day, and then afterwards leaves them where they were. I never presume conspiracy when bad software could be to blame.

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member
    Options

@claus how is the ‘Secrets’ app? I know it doesn’t have ALL the features 1P has, but looks pretty minimalistic and beautiful. It’s a native app?

This discussion has been closed.