authelia 2FA doesn't work

Options

1password X will not fill in the one time password when the site is using Authelia 2FA. When it attempts auto insert the numbers it only fills in the first box. If you open 1password and paste the one time password that will work.

1password X version 1.20.0

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:authelia

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @sbrunner ,

From a quick look at Authelia's description, it does seem to support regular 2FA authenticators such as Google's Authenticator, so it should work with 1Password as well.
    Do you have an example website that we can sign up for and reproduce the issue you are having?

• sbrunner
    sbrunner
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaro,

I am not aware of public sites using it. I am using it in front of a few personal sites. It is pretty easy to setup a local test install using docker. I have attached a video of what is happening.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hey @sbrunner ,
    Thank you kindly for the video.

1Password does try to autofill the 2FA fields, but it only captures the first digit's field out of the six. Can you please do the following to provide me with more information on that page:

1. Right click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Manage Extensions".
    2. Turn on the "Developer Mode" toggle on the top right side of the page.
    3. In the center of the page where you see the extension's details, click the "Background Page" link.
    4. A new window will open. Select the "Console" tab at its top, then click the bottom part of the console so you can write in it.
    5. Type in the following and hit Enter afterwards: localStorage.setItem("devtools", "Y")
    6. Close Chrome completely, then relaunch it and unlock 1Password X. Now, when you right click the 1Password X icon on the top right corner, you should see a new menu option called "Developer Tools" and use it to collect page details.
    7. Get to the 2FA page where 1Password only autofills the first digit and collect the page details. Save it in a json or txt file and send it over to support+extensions@1password.com alongside a link to this forum discussion so we can connect the dots faster.

Thank you.

• sbrunner
    sbrunner
    Community Member
    Options

I don't get a new menu option called "Developer Tools". I am attaching screenshot an error
    I get when I paste localStorage.setItem(“devtools”, “Y”) into the Background Page.

Is this error expected? I am also attaching a screenshot of the menu options that are now available.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @sbrunner ,

My apologies, the quotes in that command got formatted incorrectly. Please copy this line and paste it in the console:
    localStorage.setItem("devtools", "Y")

• sbrunner
    sbrunner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for all the help. I have sent the email.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020
    Options

@sbrunner:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: KZG-59511-679
    ref: dev/core/core#2506

• bt65
    bt65
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this? This issue is affecting me as well.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bt65 ,

This was fixed on the original website the user reported to us. If you encounter a different website where this happens, we'll need to you collect the page's structure and send it over to us:

1. Get to the 2FA code page in your browser.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Help" -> "Collect Page Structure".
    3. Send us the downloaded file to support+x@1password.com with a short description of the issue.
  • bt65
    bt65
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron - you're correct, it is fixed using a normal desktop browser. I just realized my issue was on Mobile (android). On mobile, Chrome prompted me whether I wanted to autofill using 1Password and it was not able to.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Android is a different beast, with its own autofilling system that 1Password relies on.

You can open a new discussion about it in the Android sub-forum here if you'd like, perhaps our Android team has some suggestions to help with that.

This discussion has been closed.