1Password Account - Authorized Devices - One Device Missing

JohnnyFJohnsson
JohnnyFJohnsson
Community Member

Hi all,

We wanted to sell my girlfriend's old iPad and have reset it. To make sure that the device was definetly de-linked from her 1Password account we have checked her 1Password Account and looked for the Authorized Devices. Her old iPad was not there anymore which is good but weirdly enough her new iPad also does not show up. It lists her three other devices but the iPad is missing even though she was using the 1Password app on her iPad that exact moment.

Is there a good explanation for this or am I missing something? :D

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JohnnyFJohnsson!

It lists her three other devices but the iPad is missing even though she was using the 1Password app on her iPad that exact moment.

Has she actually added her 1Password account to this 1Password app?

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

I ask because just installing and using the 1Password app is not enough for a device to show up in the list: it has to be actually logged into the account you are looking at :+1:

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

thanks for your quick reply. Yes she has. Also on my account page as family organizer I can only see her other devices.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JohnnyFJohnsson:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from the missing iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thank you. I do not have access to the iPad this week but will send the diagnostics once I do.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @JohnnyFJohnsson, thank you :)

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

Something strange has happened. I wanted to get the diagnostics from her iPad but somehow she was logged out of her account. After re-adding it on her iPad it correctly shows up in the account details on the web.

But: we are both pretty sure that last time we checked the iPad did not show up in the account but she was still able to browse through the app and she was fully logged-in. Obviously we cannot really replicate this now...

what would you recommend?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JohnnyFJohnsson:

It's difficult to say without looking at the diagnostics report back when this was happening. Did you end up sending it after all?

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member

@ag_ana unfortunately not. I wanted to do it yesterday but the app logged her out. Her account page still did not list her device (which in this case is obviously correct) and now after re-adding the account on the iPad it does show up in her authorized devices. I will keep an eye on her authorized devices and circle back in case this happens again, ok?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @JohnnyFJohnsson, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.