Firefox extension no longer works without 1password account

Options

Hi,

I run firefox 91.0.1 on MacOS 11.3.1; 1password is v.7.8.7. Extension 2.0.5. I just update the extension and I can no longer use it. It ask me to log in with an 1password account – I don't have one as I us use icloud for sync of my vault. I tried disabling "integrate with 1password app" -> restarting firefox-> enabling again. I can't make it work.

Any ideas how to unlock the extension with my master password as I have been until now.

Thank you in advance for any help.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macOS 11.3.1

Comments

• atz
    atz
    Community Member
    Options

After reading around I figured out there are 2 extensions. I need to install the classic extension from here:
    https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @atz ,
    I'm glad to hear you manage to find the classic extension, which is required if you don't have an account with us :)

I do hope you'll consider signing up for our awesome membership service, as it will enhance your 1Password experience significantly. If you have any questions or concerns about it, we'll be more than happy to address them :+1:

• atz
    atz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_yaron , except that it will not make me wonder why the extension doesn’t work :) , what else will be enhanced with a membership?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @atz, I have the classic extension installed in my browser and it still works to save/fill for me. However, the classic extension will no longer receive development updates so we do recommend upgrading to a membership and using our new extension.

With an active membership:

• 1Password 7 is included on any platform at no extra charge, so are all future upgrades.
    • There's no complicated sync setup. Sign in to your account on any device, and your data is there.
    • You can access your data whenever you need it, including when you're offline.
    • Your membership also includes Travel Mode, data loss protection, two-factor authentication, and more.

Learn more about 1Password membership.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

• atz
    atz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much. If any of these start to be of interest to me I will strongly consider switching, although I am a big fan of paying for upgrades.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great.
    We'll be here if you have any further questions or if you require assistance with anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.