Delete?

harczuk
harczuk
Community Member

My main point here is I should not have to come to a forum to learn what the delete command does.

You removed the trash feature in favor of the archive. I think the archive should have just been added and keep the trash container. I deleted a login from a dropbox vault and it went temporarily to 1password.com. I don't EVER want a none 1password.com vault item to ever go online. Bring back the trash please.

What does deleting a dropbox or iCloud vault do? Remove it from 1password and deletes it from iCloud and dropbox? It seems like 1password is not doing what the industry does and what most people think should happen.

Please remove the "delete vault" and replace it with "close vault". And also add a "Add Vault" feature. I seem to be not the only one that would like to not a all my vault visible all the time.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 7.8.7
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @harczuk!

You removed the trash feature in favor of the archive. I think the archive should have just been added and keep the trash container.

Currently the Archive is the old Trash, it behaves the same way :+1:

What does deleting a dropbox or iCloud vault do? Remove it from 1password and deletes it from iCloud and dropbox?

It removes the vault from your 1Password app, and leaves the copy of your data on Dropbox or iCloud. If you are syncing via Dropbox or iCloud, it won't do anything to 1Password.com, as that is a separate sync destination.

Please remove the "delete vault" and replace it with "close vault".

Can you please clarify what the "close vault" command would do?

And also add a "Add Vault" feature.

The feature is already available under the Account > New Vault entry in the menubar :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@harczuk:

Perhaps I am missing something, but this is also how 1Password works, both with single items and also with vaults. The only difference I can see is when it comes to vaults (they cannot be "closed" since they are never actually "opened", as they simply exist in your 1Password app), and when it comes to items because they cannot be "closed" since they don't behave like documents.

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member

Hello @ag_ana ,

Today I started with my "1Password account". Since yesterday I was using 1PW as "Stand alone" with syncing my credentials with "Dropbox".

Syncing folder was "1Password.opvault".

Will there occur any hazard to my saved items in my new 1PW-account when I delete the "1PW-Dropboxfolder"?

Regards,
    Thomas

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AustriaXXL:

If you have migrated all your data from Dropbox to your 1Password account already, you can remove the file on Dropbox if you wish: your 1Password.com data is stored separately :+1:

This discussion has been closed.