Safari extension not responsive

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Mini and browser extension not working in Safari.

Comments

• scott_m29
    scott_m29
    Community Member

MacOS 11.5 Big Sur
    Safari Version 14.1.2 (16611.3.10.1.3), 1Password 7
    Version 7.8.7.BETA-1 (70807001)
    1Password Beta

I see the iPassword icon in the Safari header pane, but clicking it does nothing. This seems to have started since the 1Password beta 7.8.7 update.
    The drop-down Unlock iPassword fill menulet also does not launch 1Password when I click on a Safari log-on entry box.

1Password is sort of a stand-alone app these days.

I have disabled the extensions, then re-enabled it. Quit Safari and restarted it. Combinations of the two actions. No change - that button is dead pixels.
    I'm in the middle of a project and haven't restarted the whole OS, yet. But wanted to add my issue to this relevant thread.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scott_m29!

I have split your comment into a separate discussion since you are running the beta, while everyone else in the original discussion was on an old stable version :+1:

As a quick first test, can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Does the extension become responsive again now?

• scott_m29
    scott_m29
    Community Member

Restarting the OS did the trick. Sorry - but I did this before coming into this new thread and reading your quick first test suggestion.

After restarting: Started with unlocking the 1Password app. Then the Mini app from the menu bar. Went back to Safari and the button launched the applet correctly. All good.
    Thanks for your support

• Sounds good @scott_m29 Please let us know of you encounter any other issues. Thanks for being part of the beta testers.

• gburleigh
    gburleigh
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

1password Safari extension went dead today after a failed beta update error message. Restarting browser did not work. Restarting Mac did not work. Opening the desktop app and logging in fixed it. Just FYI.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @gburleigh :+1: We will keep an eye out for this and see if it happens to others too.

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member

Happened to me too. Logging out fixed it.

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

Duplicate

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing what worked for you @ejr :+1: :)

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member

It happened again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ejr:

What version of 1Password are you currently using, and on what operating system?

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member

macOS 11.5.2
    1PW 7.8.8.BETA-0 (70808000)
    Logging in/out fixes it

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @ejr! If it happens again, before you log out I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.