Signing in to CalyxOS. using 1password.com. Scan QR code + masterpass and it spins indefinitely.

sparrowrad10
sparrowrad10
Community Member

Setting up a new phone with CalyxOS. Already have 1password.com. I went to launch 1Password on the new phone (Pixel4). Scanned QR code and entered master password. The application spins indefinitely. It says "Please wait while 1password sets up your account." I have been hitting this issue for 3-4 days :( I've tried over a dozen times. Would love support in getting this setup. I feel like I can't use the device without 1password. Much appreciation for assistance.

Note: when I look at app info I see permissions include: Camera

1Password Version: 7.7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: CalyxOS 2.8.0
Referrer: forum-search:calyxos

Comments

• sparrowrad10
    sparrowrad10
    Community Member

To clarify. The steps I have taken:
    1. Add account based on 1password.com
    2. Scan QR code
    3. Enter master password
    4. Blue circle spins... indefinitely... >20 min

If I press < arrow, I get message: "Please wait 1Password configures your account."

I've deleted and reinstalled 3+ times. I've tried over a dozen times over the span of 3+ days.

• chrisble
    chrisble
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

I am having the same exact problem. Also on CalyxOS 2.8.0 on a Pixel 4a. Downloaded via Aurora Store. I have also reinstalled and rebooted.

• sparrowrad10
    sparrowrad10
    Community Member

Tried again today for 20 min... no luck.

• sparrowrad10
    sparrowrad10
    Community Member

Contingency plan is to switch one of the KeePass products. One of the reasons I got onboard with 1Password was due to reviews suggestion good customer support. If anyone has suggestions as to the best way to find that good customer support, suggestions appreciated.

• sparrowrad10
    sparrowrad10
    Community Member

Tried again today for 19 min... no luck.

• Hey @sparrowrad10 and @chrisble, I'm sorry you're having trouble logging in to the Android app. This is surely not how 1Password is supposed to work.

There seems to be an issue where devices running CalyxOS cannot sign into the Android app when the 1Password account has a security key set up. Can you confirm whether or not your 1Password account has a security key set up? If so, can you temporarily disable it through 1Password.com and see if you're able to sign in to your Android app?

• chrisble
    chrisble
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_audrey, I did this and then it worked. Now that I've completed the sync, is it safe to re-add my security key?

• sparrowrad10
    sparrowrad10
    Community Member

+1

• sparrowrad10
    sparrowrad10
    Community Member

Thank you! Working great.

• sparrowrad10
    sparrowrad10
    Community Member

FWIW: I re-enabled security keys and it appears to be working.

• @sparrowrad10, thanks for the update! Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with :)

@chrisble, did you get a chance to re-enable your security key?

• 16dd12298
    16dd12298
    Community Member

Just my 2 cents here as GrapheneOS / CalyxOS similarities (see https://1password.community/discussion/123223/running-1password-on-grapheneos-android-11). Assuming that you're running CalyxOS with microG support?

• Hello @16dd12298 thanks for adding your voice to the conversation!

Was the solution @ag_audrey suggested (temporarily disabling a security key through 1Password.com) useful in your situation? If not, lets continue the conversation in the thread you created: Running 1Password on GrapheneOS (Android 11)

• GenericChannel_2
    GenericChannel_2
    Community Member

Sorry to necrobump, but @ag_audrey @ag_timothy , I found out that this bug happens when an account has a security key enabled and the phone doesn't support it! MicroG does not support u2f/Fido/webauth and therefore the 1password app gets stuck in a loop of trying to access a Google play resource that doesn't exist.
    I just figured you guys would like to know this for future reference:
    https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/issues/849

• Thanks for sharing, @GenericChannel_2! We'll keep this in mind in case any others report this issue.

This discussion has been closed.