Managing tags from the context menu

Just dipping my toes in with 8 and first thing i noticed missing is the ability to quickly add/remove/edit tags from the context menu. I can only hope/assume this will be making its way back in?

also should i be using this with the 1password extension or the 1password beta extension or it doesnt matter?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

and no means to see how many items are in each vault/category etc. at least best i can tell.

missing password generator too? I briefly read something about a "smart generator" so you didnt have to change around parameters to fit individual website requirements. Did this equate to deprecation/removal of the feature? has it not been added back yet? Or am i just being special and I overlooked it?

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

Ooof. aand the saving/importing of custom images seems to be MIA. can only assume this will be back but might have to roll back for the time being. feeling pretty barebones atm.

performance is fine though, perhaps even quicker than v7. a lot of humdrum about electron but apart from functionality missing left right and center, my only gripe is its not saving the window position exactly. it shifts to the right 1px every time i close and re open it and for someone wholly OCD with lining up windows, #roar!

Dig the new watchtower, perhaps it can be expanded on to group any "level" of passwords (not just weak) by clicking on the associated color/level so if people want to improve specific ones etc.

Also as far as ram usage goes, i could care less about the "volume" of ram itself as I have plenty to spare. Worth noting on 7 on my backup pc I have a single entry in task manager using 55mb.

On my main PC using 8 I have 3 entries instead of 1 for some reason (some kind of debugging due to being pre release?) and is using about double that.

edit: due to time based editing I cant alter my prior post but the pass generator is baked into the password field now, no longer standalone/accessible via the tray. aka was just me being special.

• Hi, @klepp0906. 👋 I'm sorry for the delayed reply here.

the ability to quickly add/remove/edit tags from the context menu

Yes, I think there are a few context menus like this one missing. We've got an open issue for this one in particular though, so I've added your vote there. 👍

ref: dev/core/core#9335

should i be using this with the 1password extension or the 1password beta extension or it doesnt matter?

You don't need to use the beta version, but if you'd like to, we'd welcome your feedback on that as well.

no means to see how many items are in each vault/category etc.

I've added your vote to that one as well.

ref: dev/core/core#9298

I cant alter my prior post but the pass generator is baked into the password field now, no longer standalone/accessible via the tray

Ah, glad you found that. I'd typed a comment here with a screenshot before I got to this part in your posts.

the saving/importing of custom images seems to be MIA

As a fellow icon fanatic, I noticed this too. 😄 Yes, we'd like to bring that back. Added your vote.

ref: dev/core/core#1301

performance is fine though, perhaps even quicker than v7

That's great to hear!

my only gripe is its not saving the window position exactly. it shifts to the right 1px every time i close and re open it and for someone wholly OCD with lining up windows, #roar!

Oh wow. Is this still happening for you? I'm not able to reproduce this issue using the latest nightly version.

Oh, just noticed you're on Windows, not Mac, so that could be different. If it's still happening, let me know and I'll get someone here to see if they can reproduce it on Windows.

perhaps it can be expanded on to group any "level" of passwords (not just weak)

In the past it was possible to sort by password strength if you wanted to get through anything less than Fantastic, for example. I agree we have some room for improvement there.

On my main PC using 8 I have 3 entries instead of 1 for some reason (some kind of debugging due to being pre release?) and is using about double that.

Huh. Do you still see these three processes? The one with a different icon seems like it could be an older version of the app, but I'm really making stuff up because I don't use Windows and didn't realize you were until I got to this point. 😬 I can get someone from the Windows team to take a look if necessary, though.

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

lol sorry for the delay in reply. @rob

RL has me pinned down temporarily. Seems for much of this you've "added my vote" and I appreciate it. Anywhere I can see these lists/open issues/add my vote manually or is it an internal thing? Just to save you guys from extra work/being redundant here?

I am on windows yes, and I still have multiple processes. 4 in total running atm, 1 with the new black icon, 3 with the old blue one.

I'm using the nightly version of 8 (tried to switch back to beta but its seemingly stuck on nightly as its still updating on the daily) and also the beta extension if it has any bearing on the number of processes.

finally, for the window shifting, yep still does it. Have to hit my displayfusion hotkey each time to move it back over to its rightful spot :p

• ejunkie
    ejunkie
    Community Member

+1 from me. The ability to rename or delete Tags would be very helpful

• jqxfxiva
    jqxfxiva
    Community Member

the ability to quickly add/remove/edit tags from the context menu

+1

• macmaarten
    macmaarten
    Community Member

Please add my votes to the following features:

• The ability to add/change/remove tags from the contextual menu
    • The ability to add/change/remove tags on multiple selected items
    • The ability to rename tags (as a contextual menu from the tag listing)
    • The ability to see the amount of items associated with a tag (badge count) plus preference setting to turn on/off

Do I even have that many votes to cast? :)

As my user name implies, I'm on the Mac-version of 1P8b

This discussion has been closed.