Same password for multiple websites

Options
alek
alek
Community Member

Hello.

We have multiple websites inside our organisation and all of them use LDAP to authenticate user. Can I group somehow all of the sites so if I update password on one of them, other sites should use the same password?
Also it would be great to get rid of warning "Reused Password"

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 7.8.7
OS Version: macOS 11.4

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@alek You can add multiple URLs to the same login item. Are the username and password always the same?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alek!

Grouping items is currently not possible I am afraid, but I see that our developers have an open internal issue to collect feedback on managing multiple identities with the same password. I will add you to the list of users who would find this useful ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#16

• alek
    alek
    Community Member
    Options

@rootzero wonderful idea. Finally I have got rid of this annoying warning about reused password. Thank you.

@ag_ana Thanks. Seems I've resolved my issue with @rootzero answer, but if it would be more proper way to do this, that would be great.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @alek, noted :+1:

• SVanDee
    SVanDee
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure whether this is quite the same thing but I'd sure like to be able to link Login items so, for example, YouTube, GMail, etc. login items would all point to a Google login item. I have used multiple URLs in one Login item but it's slower. Not just because it takes more mouse actions but, since I can't add names to the URL, I have to stop and think which URLs go where. (Google's URLs are pretty clear but that's not true of all sites.)

This discussion has been closed.