Sort alphabetically when creating new tags

I know that it filters the tags to show when typing, but can the tags be sorted alphabetically by default to look for items easier? As of now, I don't know how the tags are sorted.

1Password Version: 8.1.0-45.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @agaton,

Tags are sorted by frequency of use. The idea is that by showing your most frequently used tags first the chances that you'll see the ones you want are highest. If you don't see the tag you want, a few quick keystrokes will narrow-down the list to just what you're looking for!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_andrew . Good to know. :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Not a fan of this, I would prefer tags in that menu to be sorted alphabetically. I personally don't assign certain tags more often than others, even if 1P thinks I do. Is it possible to add a setting to sort A-Z? As my hand is already on my mouse to click the 'Add tag' button, I would rather just scroll to find the tag I want to add instead of filtering by typing. Thanks.

• Is it possible to add a setting to sort A-Z?

While I can't guarantee anything, I've gone ahead and filed an issue with our development team to see if this would be something we could cook up!

ref: dev/core/core#8246

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thanks @Blake. I think otherwise to many people the list just seems random and not in any order. And as I say, I prefer to scroll the list rather than move my hands to the keyboard to filter by typing. Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.