Attachment limit

Options

Hello, I’m wondering if any consideration is being put towards the attachment limit amount, particularly with the family account. As I understand it, on 1password it is capped at 1gb for the entire family. With Bitwardens family plan, you get 1gb per user, an additional 1gb for the shared vault, and the option to incrementally increase your allotment for a higher subscription fee.

With 1password 8 around the corner and 1password accounts being the backbone of it, is this an area you guys would be willing to review?

Comments

• VictorVon
    VictorVon
    Community Member
    Options

No luck? @roustem

• @VictorVon Last time we checked, there were very few customers that are even close to the limit. Is this something that is holding you back from using 1Password more?

I think we'd love if people use 1Password for more documents so it is certainly possible that the limit might go up on a family plan.

• VictorVon
    VictorVon
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem Honestly at this point it hasn’t been an issue for me, but in the back of my head it does cause me some anxiety with the thought of down the road possibly needing to trim documents that I thought were important enough to keep in 1password to begin with to make room for new ones. Which is only compounded by the fact that all my family members draw from the same pool of that 1gb.

With the big improvements to attachments in 1PW8, I think this would be a great time to reconsider the limit. It would certainly be appreciated and add some extra value to the plan.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

I guess you overestimate the size of documents. I scanned every paper I got the last 30 years, correspondence, orders, receipts and invoices of whatever I bought, and included the images into some document managing system. That database is 4 gig with approx 4000 images. This includes even my credit card bills from 1998.

If you don't include every invoice as I did but important current personal documents only, for which 1Password is meant to be used, you will probably have not more than 30-100 documents for each person, so 400 documents will take 400 MB, which leaves you with plenty space. Most documents are even less than 1 MB. What bloats my database is the hi-res scanning - current documents are directly pdf and rather small.

I didn't attach every relevant document to 1Password yet, because with v7 this was not feasible, but once I do this with v8, it will be probably not more than 30.

• I find that the new file attachments in 1Password 8 made it easier for me to add more files and I started using this feature almost every day. Especially with the cool new changes in the iOS app 🤫.

I'll bring it up with the product team and we'll try to make improvements when it comes to the storage limit.

Thank you for the feedback ❤️

• VictorVon
    VictorVon
    Community Member
    Options

@Tertius3 I agree with you saying documents aren't particularly big, and 400mb does seem like a reasonable estimate. But as per my post, when that 1 GB of storage is split among 5 family members, who may all, give or take, use 400 mb, that limit may be unavoidable.

Thanks for the consideration @roustem 👍

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem I would recommend a solution like Bitwarden has, which is a flat fee per additional GB needed per year. BW is $4/GB/Year, which is a nice price point, but I'd be willing to pay more.

I have a 3 GB Cryptomator folder currently, but would love to move the docs into 1Password as they really are attachments to items in 1Password and I'm willing to pay.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @roustem !

and I started using this feature almost every day. Especially with the cool new changes in the iOS app

I also would like to use the new attachment feature more often, but actually I'm only able to view these new attachments in the EA of 1PW8. Do you have an ETA when we will get these "cool new changes in the iOS app"? I'm in the beta channel, but there is no beta for v8. ;)

• Ben
    Options

@DenalB

Dave hinted at this here:

We’ll be releasing early access apps for all the other platforms over the coming months. It’s going to be an exciting year! 🤘

https://1password.community/discussion/121163/1password-8-for-windows-early-access-🥳

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@VictorVon

Thanks for bringing it up!

@jcsully217

Thank you for that datapoint. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.