Changing password for my Gap card but 1password won't fill in the "confirm" password

Options
stevenm107
stevenm107
Community Member
edited August 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

When I tried to change the password for my GAP credit card, it required the password to be re-entered. 1Password wouldn't do it, and I couldn't get the site to accept anything other than the password stored in my Google Chrome account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:gap

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stevenm107!

Can you please share with us the full URL to this form so our team can also test it?

In the meantime, are you able to copy and paste the password from 1Password to the credit card form manually?

• stevenm107
    stevenm107
    Community Member
    Options

https://gap.syf.com/

Once logged in, you go to the profile setting, and select edit username/password.

Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @stevenm107 ,
    Thanks for the additional info.

Can you please try the following:

1. Get to the "Change Password" page.
    2. Click the "New Password" field and let 1Password suggest a new strong password. Select the new password and let 1Password fill it in the field.
    3. 1Password should show a save/update prompt, asking you if you'd like to update your existing login item with the new password. Confirm and update it so the new password is saved in the login item of that website.
    4. Open your 1Password, locate the login item for that website and copy the password from it.
    5. Paste the password into the "Confirm new password" field, then send the form and see if it accepts your new password.

If it worked, you should now be good to go with that new password that is stored in your 1Password.
    In case it didn't work, let us know what is the error the website gave you.

• stevenm107
    stevenm107
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is that the website requests that you confirm the password. For some reason, 1Password won't do that. Also, I cannot copy and paste the new password into the confirmation line-that may be a snafu with the website. I just manually entered the password twice and resolved it, but that defeats the purpose of the program.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for clarifying @stevenm107 ,

That indeed sounds like the website purposefully prevents that confirmation field from being autofilled or copy-pasted. Perhaps it is possible to use drag and drop into it?

1. Get to the password confirmation field.
    2. Open the extension by clicking on its icon in the top right corner of your browser.
    3. Grab the password with your mouse and drag it form the extension's window into the confirmation field on the website.

Does that work? If not, then they sure did went through a lot to force users to manually type in stuff. :angry:

• stevenm107
    stevenm107
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help with this!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :)

This discussion has been closed.