1Password for Safari not working in Safari 15 Beta

Options

I'm on the Apple Safari 15 beta program. Thought I would live on the edge a little and updated to the 1PB8. Everything seems to be working fine with one exception. 1Password for Safari doesn't seem to work with Safari 15. I had just the plugin installed prior with 1P7 and it worked fine. After the upgrade to 1PB8 I upgrade the 1Password for Firefox extension without issue. Followed the link to install in 1Password for Safari and it takes me to the app store and installed successful. Even shows the open option which results in a pop-up telling me to active the extension. The problem is it's not in the Preferences/Extensions. I have no way to activate it. Is this a known issue. I looked but couldn't find anything.

1Password Version: 80202006
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: 11.15.2

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @james734

Sorry for the trouble. This shouldn't be necessary, but we've seen some cases where Safari doesn't recognize that the extension has been installed and is available to be enabled until Safari/the Mac has been restarted. Could you please try quitting and relaunching Safari, and see if that helps? If that doesn't do it, please restart the Mac, and then see if you see the option to enable the extension.

I can confirm that 1Password works with Safari 15. In fact there is a bug in earlier versions of Safari that is fixed in v15 that causes 1Password to open more quickly.

Thanks.

Ben

• james734
    james734
    Community Member
    Options

Let me try it again and see if that works this time. I've restarted Safari a few times and rebooted. I did notice in the ~/Library/Safari/Extensions I had a 1Password-2.safariextz dated from 2018. I tried deleting and it didn't change anything. Let me try the reboot once more now and see what happens.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2021
    Options

Ah, yeah, that would be the old "Safari Extension Gallery" version, which Apple retired a while back. I don't think modern versions of Safari even look at that folder (I don't have it on my system), but I could be mistaken, and it certainly won't hurt to clean that up. Hopefully a reboot does it, but if not we can take a deeper dive. :+1:

Ben

• james734
    james734
    Community Member
    Options

No love after reboot.

• james734
    james734
    Community Member
    Options

Tried to remove the application and reinstall. Still no go.

• james734
    james734
    Community Member
    Options

Do notice this in the console/system log.

Aug 24 12:45:29 JAROSENF-M-K184 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.WebContent.6683): Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Library/Apple/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/SafariFoundation.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/CredentialProviderExtensionHelper.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /Library/Apple/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent.xpc
    Aug 24 12:45:29 JAROSENF-M-K184 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.WebContent.6683): Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Library/Apple/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/SafariShared.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.Safari.SearchHelper.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /Library/Apple/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent.xpc
    Aug 24 12:45:29 JAROSENF-M-K184 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.WebContent.6683): Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Library/Apple/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/SafariShared.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.Safari.CredentialExtractionHelper.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /Library/Apple/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent.xpc
    Aug 24 12:45:29 JAROSENF-M-K184 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.WebContent.6683): Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path =

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for trying, @james734. My colleague Kaitlyn from our extensions team suggested running this command in the Terminal:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app

This will refresh the launch services database, and has worked for other folks in similar situations (specifically with Safari Technology Preview, but we feel may be applicable here too). The command has no output, so it may not look like it did anything initially, but hopefully after relaunching Safari it will fix things up. Please let me know how it goes. 🤞

Ben

• james734
    james734
    Community Member
    Options

That kicked into gear. Extension was there now and was able to activate it.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I will pass along to the team that this helped. Hopefully there'll be a way either from our end or Apple's to make it such that running that command isn't required in the future.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.