Classic extension not recognized by 1Password Mini in Brave

Options
paynetc
paynetc
Community Member
edited August 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

When I hit ⌘-\, 1Password Mini asks me to install the 1Password extension. The classic extension is already installed. Quit/relaunch Brave has no effect, removing/reinstalling the classic extension has no effect.

The (new? not classic? "regular"?) extension installs and works. As I discussed in some detail in a prior post, I neither like nor want the behaviors of the not-classic extension.

I know that when a software company names something "classic," the deprecation writing is on the wall (I get it, you can't support everything forever). Is the classic extension EOL and I'm SOL here?

Given that for whatever reason it seems I have to use the new extension, is there any way to change the keyboard shortcut in the new extension? Shift-⌘-X is not easy to hit for me for accessibility reasons.

I'm running Brave version 1.28.106 Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (x86_64) on macOS 11.5.1 with 1Password 7.8.7.

Edit to add: The classic extension is also no longer working in Firefox, so this does not seem to be a weird Brave issue.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.5.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @paynetc!

Extension Version: Not Provided

Can you confirm what version of the 1Password extension you have installed in Brave and Firefox?

• paynetc
    paynetc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply, @ag_ana! Extension 4.7.5.90 — whatever was current yesterday (since I had removed/reinstalled it multiple times).

But this morning I thought of something I hadn't tried before — I "quit 1Password completely" from the menubar app, then relaunched 1Password. That seems to have resolved my immediate issue with the classic extension. Sorry I didn't try it before my post!

I still have the question about remapping the keyboard shortcut in the not-classic extension... a bit of arthritis in my left hand that makes shift-⌘-X not great to hit for me (plus a lot of muscle memory for ⌘-).

• @paynetc

Glad to hear quitting 1Password completely got things working with the 1Password Classic Extension for you! :)

If you'd like to adjust the keyboard shortcuts for the new version of 1Password for your browser, you can do so in the extension settings by right clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choosing Settings.

This discussion has been closed.