Why 1P refuses to recognize I signed into 1P?

Options
blackxacto
blackxacto
Community Member

Today, I visited bay through Safari Version 14.1.2 (16611.3.10.1.6). 1P asked me to sign-in to 1P first. So I sign-in to 1P. Back to Safari/ebay entrance. 1P refuses to fill in the username & password. Its like its broken. The only way I can sign in is use the menubar to open 1P. garb the username then the password one at a time. What happened w 1P? Did I break it some how?

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

eBay, not bay

• Ben
    Options

Hi @blackxacto,

I've seen something like this before, where refreshing the page resolves the issue. I'm not sure exactly what steps cause things to get into this state. If you refresh the page, does 1Password then fill as expected? Are you able to identify what happened leading up to this situation that is different from other cases where such a step is not required?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Ben

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

will check. thanks

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

I've rebooted my 19,1 iMac. This is so weird. I go back to eBay. I am automatically signed into eBay. I haven't signed into 1P yet. I get to go direct to my account. Great. But have no idea why? Anyway, I will try to remember to refresh the page if 1P does it again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blackxacto:

I go back to eBay. I am automatically signed into eBay. I haven't signed into 1P yet. I get to go direct to my account. Great. But have no idea why?

Have you perhaps checked the "Remember me" box on the Ebay login page?

This discussion has been closed.