Inability to Select Number of Digits or Symbols in Password

kjfj
kjfj
Community Member

I have read on a previous forum post, now closed for comment (https://1password.community/discussion/comment/513954#Comment_513954) that the option to choose the number of digits or symbols has been removed to increase security. However I have a website I use that does have a restriction of at least two digits - ASB Business Banking in New Zealand. I was able to get around this by refreshing the suggested password enough times to get a two digit password suggestion, but this is an example of a website needing to meet a specified minimum that is more than one digit.

It seems that there could be an option to specify the number that is unmasked upon answering a question "This website requires more than one digit or symbol"?

1Password Version: 7.8.67
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.5.2

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @kjfj! In these cases, at the moment you can manually edit the password to remove the extra digits, it's probably going to be faster than regenerating the password a bunch of times. I will also pass the feedback to the team for future consideration however :+1:

This discussion has been closed.