Deleting family members

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Cant see my family account.

Comments

• lldulin
    lldulin
    Community Member
    Options

My daughter has not been able to access her account and has enlisted my support to solve her problems. She forgot her Master Password. I tried to resolve this one year ago, but she was traveling and nothing worked for her. Now she is visiting and I would like to try to start from scratch. I need assistance to delete two members from my family circle so I can set them up again. How is that done?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lldulin!

I need assistance to delete two members from my family circle so I can set them up again. How is that done?

You can find the instructions to do that on this documentation page:

Remove family members

However, if you are the Family Organizer in your Families account, you can also help them recover their account, which will be simpler, and it will also allow them to keep any data that they have entered already:

Recover accounts for family or team members

• lldulin
    lldulin
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your message. I made some progress at restoring my daughter's account, however, she is only able to use 1Password on her iPhone and 1Password for Safari on her MacBook. The 1Password App for Mac OS does not recognize her Master Password. How is that possible? How can I fix it? Additionally, how can she migrate from Apple Keychain to 1Password?

Regarding my other Family member, removal is the only alternative. How can that be addressed?

Thanks for responding to my first query so quickly!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lldulin:

The 1Password App for Mac OS does not recognize her Master Password. How is that possible? How can I fix it?

If you have recovered her account, and she then got a new Master Password, the desktop app probably still has the old credentials stored in it. In this case, you will have to reset the 1Password app on that specific device:

How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

Afterwards, she will be able to login to the app with her new credentials :+1:

Additionally, how can she migrate from Apple Keychain to 1Password?

You can use the converter suite for this, it also supports importing from Apple Keychain.

Regarding my other Family member, removal is the only alternative. How can that be addressed?

You can then follow the instructions to remove family members from the account. Here is the link for your convenience once again:

Remove family members

Thanks for responding to my first query so quickly!

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.