Bug report - Safari Extension not respecting accounts in 1P8

Options

Downloaded and logged into 1Password 8.

Downloaded the suggested Safari Browser extension (2.0.6). Clicking the 1Password icon in the Safari toolbar takes me to the 1Password.com log in screen instead forcing me to log in/setup my account again instead of respecting the accounts added to 1P8 for Mac.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: macOS 12.0

Comments

• ralfstch
    ralfstch
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Extensions in Safari (Technology Preview) Edge, Brave, Firefox, Vivaldi don't work as expected, don't open the database in the installed 1Password 8

• Hey @topher1078 / @ralfstch: In both cases, it definitely sounds like a general connection issue between the extension and 1Password 8. Once the two are connected, we'll stop showing the screen to add accounts and pull your accounts from the app in automatically. I'd love to figure this out for you both.

@ralfstch, could you follow the the instructions at https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/ for me and send us an email with the collected logs? We can use those to investigate this a bit further. Feel free to share your ticket "mask" once you've done so and we can take a look as a priority.

@topher1078: You're welcome to try the same instructions if you have the extension in another browser. Otherwise, could you do the following?

1. Open Safari.
    2. Choose "Safari > "Preferences" > "Advanced" in the menu bar.
    3. Click "Show Develop menu in menu bar"
    4. Choose "Develop > Web Extension Background Pages > 1Password for Safari"
    5. Press Command + A to select everything, and then right click, "Save as" to generate a file.
    6. Turn off the develop menu again from Safari preferences.

Emailing that in and sharing the mask again would be great!

• topher1078
    topher1078
    Community Member
    Options

I had to log into the 1Password Safari extension, then that and the other accounts in my 1P install appeared in the extension. Definitely weird I had to log in again, seems the initial connection is flakey. I'll send in the logs shortly.

• ralfstch
    ralfstch
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Oliver,

It's done and sent to support@1password.com

• Thanks a bunch @ralfstch! I see my colleagues was able to link up with you over email. Feel free to reach out if we can help with anything else! :smile:

ref: MZL-81633-517

This discussion has been closed.