Search in 8 Beta for Mac not working

Options

When I now search at the top of the 8 Beta for Mac it takes me to an item with the search parameters but it also shows all the other items in the vault. It is not filtering for the items that contain the search parameters. This seems to be broken or I don't understand how the new search works. I am in All Items when searching and it is not narrowing down the list of results to just those that contain the characters searched.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Big Sur

Comments

• danvpeterson
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @trevordewitt! The new search works as a combination "quick find" and "full search". In past versions we've found that a lot of folks really just wanted a quicker way to get to their items, to be able to quickly hop to seeing a certain category of items via search like credit cards (number 1 in my screenshot below), or to jump to a specific item wherever it lives (number 2). And not necessarily perform a full search that changes the UI of the app to only show those results in the list view. But a full item search is still very much possible by either clicking on the last row that says "Show all matching items", or just hitting command+enter once you've typed in what you want (shows as number 3 in the screenshot)

• trevordewitt
    trevordewitt
    Community Member
    Options

thanks, didn't see the command return option. that seems like it should be the default when you search and press return. i'll adapt and live with it. :-)

• @trevordewitt I'm glad that Dan was able to offer that explanation, and helpful keyboard shortcut. :smile: Let us know how it fits in your workflow, or if you have any further feedback! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.