Feature Request: Email Notification when someone is added to the Vault

Dear 1p Team,

it would be really nice if we can turn on email notification (to FULL ACCESS?) when someone is added to a critical pw vault.

c

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Christian_XYZR,

I'll be happy to pass this on to our development team for consideration. I can understand how account owners and administrators may find email notifications helpful when team members are added to certain "critical" vaults.

Also, if you have any additional feedback concerning your use case and how this feature may help you solve a problem you currently face when managing vault access in your 1Password account, I'll be happy to pass that along as well.

For now, if you're using 1Password Business, the Activity Log, accessible on 1Password.com, displays an entry when adding a team member to vault:

Use the Activity Log in 1Password Business

• Christian_XYZR
    Christian_XYZR
    Community Member

Hi @ag_max,

In our environment (mainly for transparency reasons AND to dis/recover ID theft) we tend to do this for critical rights.

It solves no admin problem but is a measure we often take to monitor missuse / error in communication / misunderstanding….

Since we are business plan we will try to emulate with logs. Sorry

Another try: is it possible for a vault user (no admin) to see the „who has access“? In a different way?

C

• ag_max
    edited August 2021

@Christian_XYZR

Perfect, thanks for expanding on your use case - I'll go ahead and get that feature request filed in our system. :+1:

Another try: is it possible for a vault user (no admin) to see the „who has access“? In a different way?

By default, only those in the Owners and Administrators groups will be able to see who has access to shared vaults in your account.

However, to your question, if a regular team member has the "Manage Vault" permission in a vault, they'll be able to determine who has access in that particular vault.

ref: internal/business-roadmap#227

• Christian_XYZR
    Christian_XYZR
    Community Member

hi @ag_max,

"By default, only those in the Owners and Administrators groups will be able to see who has access to shared vaults in your account."

i think that is totally fine. the only thing that i would change here: in the standard user interface (not web admin) there is no visibility on this? right?

C

• @Christian_XYZR

One thing I may have forgotten when sending my last reply: The 1Password.com web interface does display profile pictures of some users of users with access to a shared vault, and these can be seen by those with access to that particular vault. Here's an example:

Other than that, there's no way for a regular team member (without the Manage Vault permission and owners and admins) to determine who has access to a particular vault on 1Password.com, in the 1Password apps, or when using 1Password in your browser.

This discussion has been closed.