VoiceOVer: Accessibility: 1Password 8 Beta issues

Options

Hello,

One of the more immediate issues with 1Password 8 beta is the inconsistent behavior in accessing the menus. Typically I could press Control-Option-M to access the menu (File, Edit, etc.); however, VoiceOVer's focus ends up on the app I previously was accessing. For example, I was using Safari, I switch to 1Password, try to focus on the menu bar, and focus ends up on the Safari menu. This indicates to me that VoiceOVer is not focusing correctly within the 1Password app.

Steps:
1. With VoiceOver running, launch 1Password
2. 2. Press control-option-M to move VoiceOVer's focus on the menu bar.

This makes it challenging to quickly grab the version and build.

Thank you,
Scott

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Big Sur 11.5 (20G71)

Comments

• Scott_05
    Scott_05
    Community Member
    Options

There are several unlabeled buttons on the onboarding screen. I am not sure what these unlabeled buttons do, but they are missing the accessibility label. I am not sure how those are addressed within Electron. I cannot locate the screenshot, so if there is a way for me to get the onboarding screen back, please let me know.
    THank you

• Scott_05
    Scott_05
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you to the dev team; I have already seen considerable improvements in VoiceOVer accessibility.
    I also find editing so much nicer in the beta than the prod version.

Thank you

• Hi @Scott_05, thank you for your feedback here. We agree accessibility is really important!

It's great that the recent accessibility improvements in the latest update are helpful. If there are any outstanding changes you'd still like us to incorporate to make 1Password work better with VoiceOver, feel free to let us know - we welcome this! 😃

This discussion has been closed.