Idles at 4-5% CPU when on-screen (on Apple M1)

Options
ghslp
ghslp
Community Member

If the 1Password 8 window is on-screen (i.e. not hidden and not completely occluded by other windows) it uses 4-5% CPU at all times on my M1 MacBook Air:

If it’s hidden or completely occluded it uses around 0.3% CPU:

I deliberately put the window in a state in which nothing should need to re-render (i.e. there is no blinking text cursor or 2FA token countdown).

I just checked the latest release of 1Password 7 (on a 2020 Intel MacBook Pro) and it idles at 0-0.2% CPU regardless of its visibility.

I can send samples of the processes via support email if it helps!

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• tiltowaitt
    tiltowaitt
    Community Member
    Options

I've encountered the same. I think once or twice I've seen it dip to 3%, but it's always about 10x higher than what 1PW 7 is if they're running at the same time.

• meowzz
    meowzz
    Community Member
    Options

Another cool feature that Electron is bringing to 1P8!

• Hi @ghslp, thanks for sharing this with us. 👋 We'd be happy to check out any samples you'd like to send - we're very interested in making sure that this is both a secure and resource-efficient app.

If you'd like, you can send those files to support@1Password.com. Please include a link to this conversation so that we know it's you, and we can dig into the data and go from there. Thanks again for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.