Vaults Selection within 1PW 8 Beta

jklosin
jklosin
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi: I have been testing 1PW 8 beta on Windows/MacOS and I have had difficulty zooming in on one key feature I've enjoyed in the previous versions. I have a family account and my wife and kids share their vaults with me. Most of the time, however, I only want to look/search my own vault and favorites within my vault. In version 7, I could select only my vault as the top folder which allowed me to search only my vault and have access to Favorites of my vault only. In 1PW 8, the top folder is a Family Account and I can't designate my vault as default anymore. Now Favorites folder contains favorites from all vaults - this is a big problem for me. I could not find a way to fix this issue. I would like to have the ability to only focus on one vault/Favorites one at a time.
Thank you, Jerzy

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 and MacOS 12

Comments

• Hi @jklosin, thanks for specifying how you'd like this functionality to work in 1Password. I've just passed this feedback on to the development team for discussion. We appreciate hearing from you!

ref: dev/core/core#9679

• jklosin
    jklosin
    Community Member

Thank you, Peter! I truly believe that the ability to access Favorites from a single vault is a key feature. Currently, the Favorite folder contains favorites from all the vaults. I would also love the ability to run a watchtower report within a given vault in addition to a global report.
    Regards, Jerzy

• Sure thing, @jklosin, and thanks for the input! We do appreciate it 😄 I'll be following this feature request going forward 👍

This discussion has been closed.