Command+\ & Drag-Drop

Options
Mayben
Mayben
Community Member

Hi,

I saw in the new update that CMD\ is back, however, it does not seem to work where I need it. I have a code generator that I need to use when connecting to my company VPN through Terminal. Normally, when it asks for the verification code, I can hit CMD\, then Tab, Enter, and the code is copied.

As for Drag and Drop, that is not working for the code generator nor logins.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.5.1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Mayben

With 1Password 8 ⌘\ is tied to the browser extension, and is in early phases of development. At present it will cause the browser extension to fill if there is a single Login item match for the current site. We do not yet have support for instances where multiple matches are present. Work on this is ongoing.

Quick Access may help with this particular situation. You can access it by clicking on the 1Password icon in the menu bar or pressing the keyboard shortcut (⌘⇧Space). This feature isn't (yet) contextually aware, so it won't know that you are in a particular app, but it does have the ability to quickly search for items and copy their current TOTP code.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Mayben
    Mayben
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben, thank you for the reply. I've been giving Quick Access a try, hopefully it's not the permanent way!

This discussion has been closed.