How to avoid update some logins

For certain internet service, I have to add a token value to a static password. 1Password detects this as a change and ask to update that record. Is it possible to inhibit this behaviour?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eravila, it sounds like 1Password is making an incorrect suggestion. We can definitely check on that and report it to our developers. Could you let us know the link to the form? If you have any screenshots, that would be helpful as well.

• eravila
    eravila
    Community Member

Hi! Thanks for your prompt response. As far as I been reviewing this, it is limited to Safari (in Brave this is no happening). The first four images are for this web site. As you can see, after 1Password put a user and password, and I have to complement the password with an additional token value. 1Password consider this as a change and ask to update the record, that is unnecessary. The fourth image shows a second login web form that is part of the Citrix workflow and where 1Password ask for the update for the previous step.

Something similar happen with https://www.bbva.mx. After clicking on the green button named "Acceso" (upper right corner) a form is shown to type your credit card number and your password. I don't have a record for this login (and I don't want to) but 1Password ask to create one (in Safari, in Brave no).

Maybe I'm wrong and this is the default and correct behaviour; in that case, I will ask if there is a way to avoid ask update some records or to avoid to create entries for some logins. I hope I've been clear enough explaining this.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the additional info and screenshots here @eravila !

This behavior is correct and as expected - 1Password will trigger the save/update prompt if it recognizes a change in the username/password field on a website that you already saved in 1Password.

This is quite a unique edge case since you are required to add an additional bit of info to your password each time you log in. In that case, I recommend you add this website to the exclusion list in 1Password's preferences, to prevent the save/update prompt from showing up on this website. Here's how:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password 7 desktop app.
    2. Click the "1Password" menu on the top left next to the Apple logo and select "Preferences".
    3. In the preferences window that pops up, Select the "Browsers" tab.
    4. Add the website's domain to the blank text block at the bottom of the window. In this instance, you can add "workspace-americas.ey.com" there.
    5. If you want to add any other websites, press Enter and add other domains, each one in its own line.
    6. Close the preferences window, go to the website, test and see if 1Password still pops up and asks you if you'd like to save/update your credentials.
  • eravila
    eravila
    Community Member

Nice! Yes, it works! Thanks for your answer.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help :)

This discussion has been closed.