I am able to see my emails on Safari but I can not get them in Apple mail as I need a new password

Options
garth1
garth1
Community Member

I have been able to convert my emails on safari to 1PW but when I try apple mail I need a new password and I don't seem to be able to get 1PW to work in apple mail. I am on a MacBook pro

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.5.1
Referrer: forum-search:apple mail in 1PW

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @garth1!

I have been able to convert my emails on safari to 1PW

Can you please elaborate? What do you mean by "converting emails to 1Password"?

• garth1
    garth1
    Community Member
    Options

When I go through Safari it now uses one password and I can get access to my emails. I want to use Apple mail as I find it easier to use but when I try to get my email there I get a message to enter my password. I try my old passwords but can't get Apple mail to work. I think that is because I changed to 1PW in Safari. I don't know the password now and I think 1 PW doesn't want to work in Apple Mail? how do I get 1PW to work in Apple mail. SorryI am not very computer literate.

• Ben
    Options

@garth1

Thanks for elaborating. I think I understand. Please try this:

1. Open the 1Password application from your Dock
    2. If prompted, unlock the app
    3. Do you see an item in 1Password for your email? If so, click it. If not, stop here and let us know. We can offer further guidance on how to find it.
    4. Hover your mouse over the password field and click the copy button:

Then you can paste the password into your Mail application. Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.