Search within items

Options

I just loaded up the early access version of 1Password for Windows and one change I've already noticed that is a bit frustrating is the ability to search for something within an item appears to be broken (or removed).

For example, I have quite a few credit card items, for both personal and work. I reference many by the last four digits to call them up quickly while searching. As of right now, searching for the last four digits of any card returns zero results/matches.

This is within the current early release build, v8.2.0-56.BETA. The search functionality as described is working within the 1Password plugin/extension for Firefox.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ckeck!

When you start typing your 4 digits, you should see an entry named Show all matching items right below the search field:

Can you try using that option and seeing if you get all the results?

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    Options

I just tested the within item search and it worked for me on Linux. I was able to find items based on the values. But, search does not work for item labels at the moment (8.2.2-6.BETA).

For instance, I was trying to validate that all of my logins with one-time codes have the tag #2FA. I tried to search for "One-time" hoping that it would surface all of the fields names "One-Time Password", but it did not find anything.

It would be cool if the search index included the item labels as well as the values.

Thanks! I am enjoying 1P8 across all of my platforms!

• Blake
    edited August 2021
    Options

@ckeck

I've been able to reproduce this one internally with both 1Password 8 for Mac and Windows, so I've filed an issue with our development team to get this corrected.

Until we get this corrected, try searching using the first few digits of the Credit Card you're using, and you should return results that way. 🤗

ref: dev/core/core#9701

• ckeck
    ckeck
    Community Member
    Options

@Blake Thank you for the follow-up. I'm glad you were able to reproduce on your end. It can get quite frustrating.

I do have one other bug I've noticed on credit card entries as well. Copying a CC number or other CC data appears to be broken. It does not actually copy to the clipboard. Passwords and other data from different items in 1Password seem to be ok, but specifically nothing from credit card items.

I've been having to type in all numbers manually for a few days now.

• ckeck
    ckeck
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Hi there! Apologies, I wasn't watching the thread closely and just now saw @Blake 's follow-up. Looks like it was able to be reproduced. Looking forward to a fix 🤞

This discussion has been closed.