How to make good passwords "excellent"

Options
kram5819
kram5819
Community Member
edited August 2021 in Lounge

All but a few passwords I have show in my vault as excellent.

How can I change that so the watch tower will recognize all of them as excellent?

I am on a Chromebook & also have a Samsung note 9 android device running android 11,

when looking at my passwords they are all unique and as long as possible I use symbols, capitols & numbers when I can, I try to keep all of them 20 plus characters & some even over 35 if the website allows it. I use a password generator, so they are all unique and as long as possible & no 2 passwords are alike or even close to each other.

I also use 2FA on everything I possibly can.

I would like to see what passwords are "good" and make them excellent.

Any idea how to do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @kram5819

Have you tried 1Password Watchtower? It may help provide guidance.

Change your passwords to make them stronger may also be useful. That said, you seem to already have some good practices going.

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

The issue is I have over 75 excellent passwords and 12 I think "good" I have no idea how to seek out and find those 12 that are "good" to change them make them stronger and "excellent"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kram5819:

On your Chromebook, are you using the 1Password browser extension, or are you using the 1Password.com website?

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    Options

The extension remember on a Chromebook you can't download anything unless it comes from Google it's like it Android device cannot download anything other than what they allow you to from the Google Play Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kram5819:

In the website and the extension I don't know of any way to get into those details at the moment, but I know this is something that a few people have asked, so hopefully the developers will manage to implement this some day. In the meantime, I have let them know that you would also find this useful :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#567

This discussion has been closed.