Is it possible to get rid of the popup on the left?

Options
corbosman
corbosman
Community Member
edited August 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi all, is it possible to get rid of the popup on the left short of unlocking 1password? I already know it's locked because of the icon on the right of the form input, I really don't need to see that huge popup covering important information on my form as well, that's redundant. Please allow customers to remove it.

1Password Version: 7.8.8
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: 11.4

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @corbosman!

is it possible to get rid of the popup on the left short of unlocking 1password?

Yes, you can remove that popup by pressing the Esc key :+1:

• corbosman
    corbosman
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I guess I was unclear. I would prefer to never see it at all. The little icon on the right should be able to tell me all I need to know without being obnoxiously intrusive. But I guess from your answer that it's not possible. Is this something that could eventually be a setting maybe?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@corbosman:

Yes, that is also possible. What browser are you using?

• corbosman
    corbosman
    Community Member
    Options

Im using firefox mostly, on macos

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@corbosman:

Thank you! If you open the 1Password browser extension and go to the Settings page, you can turn off the option named Show autofill menu on field focus, so you should only see the icon inside the form fields from that point on :+1:

• corbosman
    corbosman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, maybe im just looking in the wrong spot, or you're perhaps talking about 1passwordX? I have 7.8.8, using the firefox browser extension 2.0.5. I don't see an autofill option in the browser extension within firefox. There's very little options in the firefox extension settings page.

• @corbosman

From your screen shot you do have the right version of 1Password for your browser (formerly known as 1Password X) installed. The Settings menu can be accessed directly from the extension. Simply right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings. You'll be able to view the settings Ana suggested under Autofill.

• corbosman
    corbosman
    Community Member
    Options

Ah there! I never knew there were settings there. Thanks, found it.

• @corbosman

You are most welcome! Glad we were able to point you in the right direction. :)

This discussion has been closed.