How to migrate from Dashlane?

Options
tmchow
tmchow
Community Member

We want to get off Dashlane for our company and have 1Password for Business setup. However, no idea how to get the passwords out from Dashlane. The help docs reference a JSON export which doesn't seem to be supported anymore by Dashlane.

However, I do see a CSV export option. I'm out admin of our dashlane account and cannot export any items in the "Business space" where all our shared passwords are (which is what we want to export).

I've filed a ticket with them but they are slow slow to respond.. anyone else done this and can help? I'm trying to make this the least painful way possible for our company to get away from dashlane withotu requiring each person to migrate their data.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @tmchow,

1Password supports importing data from the CSV format on 1Password.com. As you mentioned, it looks like Dashlane supports that format on their web app. More on that here. It sounds like this fallback option would require that everyone on your team make the manual migration to 1Password.

While I cannot speak for them, you may also be able to install their desktop app (assuming they still provide a safe download link) and then follow the traditional "Move your data from Dashlane to 1Password" support article. Hopefully you'll hear back from them with some confirmation. In the meantime, let our team know if we can be of any assistance going forward. 👍

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_max Unfortunately their desktop app doesn't even export anymore.. the documentation is woefully out of date.

• Ah, I appreciate you confirming that, @tmchow.

If you or your team need any help importing your Dashlane data as a CSV file, please also feel free to contact us via email at support@1password.com using the email address associated with your 1Password account. After you send the email, you can post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this Community discussion.

This discussion has been closed.